Urbana Campaign Goals
It’s a remarkable time to be part of the University of Illinois. Our many achievements and incredible progress have been made possible by the care and generosity of scores of alumni, faculty, parents, and friends of our university. We are grateful for your support, and for your role in building a great university. That’s what happens when you give someone a chance—you can create something bigger than yourself, something that keeps on growing.
And now we look to you in our boldest, biggest effort yet. Brilliant Futures: the Campaign for the University of Illinois will not only help us keep this momentum, but fulfill our vision to be recognized as one of the nation’s best public research universities. Achieving this goal is a shared responsibility, and we hope we’ll have everyone’s participation and commitment.
Be a part of the brilliant future of the University of Illinois.
Campaign objectives and gift purposes of the total $1.5 billion goal sought for the Urbana campus include:
- $175 million for undergraduate scholarships;
- $135 million for graduate student fellowships;
- $300 million for endowed chairs and professorships;
- $525 million for program support and research; and
- $365 million for campus environment (facilities, equipment, library materials, works of art, etc.).